Chef’s Recipe Series
Try these recipes straight from Scott’s Kitchen at home!
Scott’s Seafood Capellini Provencale
A very light, refreshing take on classic flavors from the Provence region of France. This Sauce is wonderful tossed into a light pasta with herb grilled chicken or marinated prawns. It is also delicious as a sauce to top medium bodied fish, such as halibut.
- 1/2 of a large red onion, medium diced
- 2 ea cloves of garlic, sliced very thin
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 5 ea Roma or vine ripe tomatoes, medium diced (approx. 2 1/4 cups, with juices)
- 24 oz. no salt added tomato juice (3 8 oz. cans)
- 1/4 c. kalamata olives, roughly chopped (if kalamatas are too strong for your taste, regular black olives may be used instead.)
- 1/4 c. Capers
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a heavy bottom sauce pot, heat up about ½ oz. of extra virgin olive oil. Sautee the red onion in the pot for about one minute, or until lightly caramelized. Add in the sliced garlic and continue to cook until the garlic starts to become transparent. Add in the freshly chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir everything together until combined, then add in the chopped tomatoes and the tomato juice. Mix to combine and let simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced to desired consistency. Add in the capers and kalamata olives. Serve immediately spooned over fresh pasta or fish. Or you may chill it, stored in an airtight container for up to one week.